Wednesday, February 15, 2012

His Favor

When I look back on my life journey, especially on last month when I tried to evaluate myself for new year resolution, I recalled back on how much blessing that I received.

There was a moment where I stole His glory. I found myself found a favour on people and I told myself I have the capability to win people heart.
Then I asked myself back, do I really have the capability to do that? if I have the capability but He is not with me, I dont think I can go through it. But if even I have no idea, no power, no strength to do something, by His grace I can go through it.
So I told myself it means not because I can, but because His favor is with me.

Last sunday, God reminded me again that it is by His favor. I went to Bethany Church singapore and Ps. Johan shared about Esther who win God's favor.
If I meditate on Esther book, it is true that Esther is beautiful but there are many beautiful girls compete with her to be the queen.  But when the king saw her, she had his favor upon her. Is it because of her ability to make her received the favor from the king? I dont think so. I believe that God's favor upon Esther, so whoever saw her found favor to her.
In another occasion was when the Jews were in danger. They are about to be wipe off by the order of the king's second man. King had approved the request to kill all Jews. And then Esther had compassion and burden over her people. So she fasted and prayed before meeting the king. I believe during fast and pray, she gained wisdom from God to be able to talk to the king. She found all the proof why king must respect the jews instead of killing them. And as the result we know that Esther once again found favor in king's eye. It is not by her might that she was able to save her people, but because of the divine authority from above.

Well, there is nothing that I can boast when I found favor in human eyes because I know that He gives favor on me first so people found favor in me.
But one thing that I can boast is to have a Father, God, Lord, Master like you. Who has everlasting love for me.

With His favor we will walk our journey till our destination

No comments: